Cracked Eggs

Saturday, February 14, 2009


Last week LaMar came to me with a proposal for a Valentine's ski trip. I was a little apprehensive because I haven't been skiing for about 17 years. Last night, Friday, February 13th, we travelled with our friends Jon and Nicole Jackson and Scott and Elizabeth Watson to Mt. Hood Ski Bowl, according to the signs, "America's Largest Night Skiing Area". I had an awesome time! I think we all did! The skills (what little I had) came back to me right away. There were a lot of runs available that suited my skill level. It was very peaceful--in a reckless, speeding-down-a-mountain sort of way. Snow fell heavily from the skies for the first half of the night. We were so grateful to have borrowed goggles! After our dinner break, the falling snow ceased and we got in a few more great runs. By the end of the evening my legs were ready to give out! In a way those aching muscles are so rewarding! What a great Valentine memory!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Drew has gone the past 2 years (although you have to drive like 3 hours to go from here) and LOVES it. I, on the other hand, have never been and have no desire. :) Drew will have to share his skiing with others. :)

Laural said...

How Fun!!! I haven't been skiing in forever, and I'm not sure I could convince Jody to go! I'm so glad that you guys went. It sounds like it as a blast and you deserve every blast you can get!