Cracked Eggs

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The other day I was reading President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk that he presented during the General Relief Society Meeting where he spoke of finding "God's happiness". One of the ways to accomplish this is to exercise creativity. It occurs to me that there are so many outlets to do this. For example, I have seen a wide variety of blogs out there. Some of my friends are creative in the layout of their blogs. Some are creative in their profound thoughts. Some are creative in the gifts they made for their families for Christmas. Often we say things like "I am just not the creative type." Through President Uchtdorf's message I have decided that we are all creative--just in different ways--and in exercising those creative tendencies we can find joy!

8 comments:

Tess said...

Good idea. I was just talking about that today. Any flow of creativity seems to feed energy to the rest of our lives. I'll have to read or listen to that talk and remember good things. Thanks.

Tiffany said...

Thanks for you thoughts on Uchtdorf's talk. I'm going to have to go and reread it now!

Hilary said...

I am a huge fan of using creativity in a mom's role. Be it how to fit all your stuff in a closet, or making gifts for friends, or blogging.
I think it's so important to exercise that part of us -- because sometimes it's a pretty monotonous life. :)

Laural said...

I love that! So, in what way have you decided that you are creative? Wanna help me decide what way I am creative?! ;)

Dannielle said...

I am so excited that you have a blog - I found your link on Julie's page. I've been wondering how you are doing - blogs are such a great way to keep in touch. I am going to invite you to mine. It is private so you just have to login with your blog password. Leave a comment so I know it worked. I have to reread this article too because I totally think I am a non-creative person.

cjdustin said...

Welcome! I'm sorry I am a little late in welcoming you. I am happy to hear your wonderful thoughts. Creativity definitely comes in all shapes and sizes. That's what makes life so interesting.

Sylvia0037 said...

You write just as if you were "talking". I can hear you saying the words as I read them:) It makes me miss you TONS! Please doa huge family/group hug from Sister Sanford

Sylvia0037 said...

You write very much the way you talk; I can hear you saying the words as I read them. It makes me miss you and your family TONS! Please to a HUGE family/group hug from "Sister Sanford" :)